Literacy Videos – Pre-Kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten (4 years to 5 years old)
Children in pre-kindergarten are beginning to demonstrate their emerging literacy skills in new and bold ways. They are able to communicate their needs, desires and interests clearly using more complex words. This stage of literacy development involves honing new skills and making learning fun.
Here’s what you can do:
- Read to your child daily.
- Encourage daily writing at home. Your child can write numbers and letters.
- Read aloud to your child every day.
- Create a communication-rich home environment. Talk to you child often during the day, asking probing questions.
- Establish predictable routines to help children learn to anticipate sequential events.
- Help your child learn phonics with sound, and practice writing upper and lowercase letters.
- Let their questions boost their vocabulary.
- Purchase flashcards of the alphabet and review the sounds each letter makes.
Every Little Thing
Dream Big Little One
A Day In The Life Of A Police Officer
If You Give A Mouse a Cookie
Stick and Stone
The Doorbell Rang
Dad Who Will I Be?
I Love My Hair
I Want To Be an Astronaut
Ducks Don’t wear Socks
Llama Llama Red Pajama
The Truck Book
Make a Donation to Premier Academy
When you make a donation to Premier Academy, you help our mission to strengthen children and their families and You become their Champion!